So you have built a few models, maybe even a full size geodome in your back yard as a tool shed or play house for the kids and now you are finally ready to grow some serious food! Well luckily my good friend Kacper has solved the biggest challenge already! How to actually build a 40′ geodesic dome greenhouse using using everyday materials you can buy at any lumber yard.
First a little about Kacper. He is the grandson of a master tomato gardener, has a lovely wife and an amazing little daughter who loves veggies! I guess gardening runs in Kacper’s blood because the moment he saw the potential of geodesic greenhouses he started building one.
That is one thing I admire so much about Kacper, he doesn’t wait around, he just goes and starts building! So after he created a small “test dome” he started pouring concrete for the foundation of a giant 40′ dome.
While he was doing this so many people started bugging him about dome construction both online and off he finally wrote down (he can type at 80 words per minute too!) the exact methods he used to save over $16,000.00 on building his dome, how he cut the struts, how he planned his dome using free tools, in fact he did a complete brain dump of all his mistakes, challenges and ultimately exactly how to build your own geodesic greenhouse biodome.
Kacper’s book is called: Biodome Revolution and in it you will find not only very detailed instructions on how to actually build your own biodome but exact pictures of each step! Here are some more things he talks about in this amazing book:
- The amazingly low cost involved. In fact you can build your own dome for pennies compared to the cost of normal green-houses using regular 2x4s from your local lumber yard.
- How simple and inexpensive they are to heat. With proper design and covering you can have tropical temperatures, even in the dead of winter.
- The amazing strength of the geodesic form. It is one of the strongest structures (being based on a sphere) in the world. Geodesic domes have withstood earthquakes, pretty much any amount of snow and hurricane force winds.
- Geodomes are scalable. You can build to any size no matter what space you have to work with there is a dome that will work for you.
- You can grow an incredible amount of fresh organic food inside your bio-dome, year round. (Here on the farm my dad picks fresh lemons every couple of days in the dead of winter!)
- For the amount of growing space you get domes are incredibly light & transportable, because of this you can easily move them if needed. Depending on the size and where you live you probably don’t even need a permit to build a temporary structure, so can have your own whether you own land or are just renting!
But don’t take my word for it. Go check it out yourself at: www.BiodomeRevolution.com, just as a heads up, this is a book you will need to buy and if you do end up buying it I will get a small percentage for sending you. BUT… before you click away in disgust, remember the book is 100% guaranteed by ClickBank and if you don’t like it for ANY REASON, you can return it for a full refund any time within 60 days. Even AFTER READING IT! How good is that?
I read the book. It was clear, concise and gave me more than enough information to build my own geodesic greenhouse biodome (which I will be doing this year and blogging about here).
Click here to check out Kacper’s site now.